Book your practical driving test, riding test or approved driving instructor (ADI) part 2 and 3 tests online. The service is available from 6am to 11:40pm.
This page is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).
Start now on the driving test booking service
Before you start
You must usually have passed your theory test before booking.
You’ll need your:
- Great Britain or Northern Ireland driving licence number
- credit or debit card
You don’t need your driving instructor’s personal reference number but, if you have it, you can use it to check their availability.
You must book by phone if you need an ‘upgrade’ test, eg automatic to manual transmission, or medium-sized lorry to a large lorry.
You can book a test using the DVSA fast track phone service if you’re an approved driving instructor (ADI).
When you don’t need a theory test
You don’t need a theory test to book a:
- taxi test
- tractor test
- test to upgrade from automatic to manual
- test to progress through the bike categories (progressive access)
- car and trailer test
- lorry and trailer test
- bus and trailer test
- large lorry test, when you’ve got a medium lorry licence
- large bus test, when you’ve got a medium bus licence