The car practical driving test.
- Documents to bring to your test
- What happens during the test
- Independent driving section of the test
- Your driving test result
- Practical driving test fees
The practical driving test is designed to see if you:
- can drive safely in different road and traffic conditions
- know the Highway Code and can show this through your driving ability
As long as you show the standard required, you’ll pass your driving test.
There’s no minimum number of lessons you must have or hours you must practise driving before you take your test. There are no pass or fail quotas.
You’ll need to have passed your driving theory test before taking your practical test.